Monday, June 9, 2008

Vino e Cafe



Vino:


One of my favorite cooking wines would be Garganega best known as Soave. This is a crispy and dry wine with a hint of lemon and almond taste. This wine comes from the northeast italy around Verona.


The reason why I say this is one of my favorite is because of the simplicity and elegant taste it bringd to the food. Cooking pasta and veal with a splash of this wonderful wine created the mouth watering taste to the food. A pleasent but settle taste.




One of my favorite drinking wines would have to be Moscato. Simply because Im more of a sweet wine drinker. This wine has a little sparkling in it whuch reminds me of champagne but not quite.




Cafe:


Cafe... What is much to tell. Cafe to my in Italy versus an America is very different by the taste and serving size. Im not much of a cafe drinker but I can definitly tell that the cafe here in Italy is ten times better then back in America. Considering the difference between Dunkin Dounts and teh cafe's here. The serving sizes is different too! They serve less then American do, but the funny thing is that half filled cup of cafe that they serve in Italy is more then enough for me. I aslo notice that in Italy they don't have different flavors of cafe, like the vinilla or hazelnut. Their cafe is just cafe with a great deal of purity.




No comments: